New Orleans Info
From amazing food to fun attractions, New Orleans has it all. As locals, we’re here to guide you to the best spots while you’re in town! Here’s a list of some of our favorites to get you started. If you have any questions, just ask. Most importantly, while you’re here laissez les bons temps rouler!
The Big Easy is full of fun and historical attractions.
- Stroll through Jackson Square, take in the local artists and street performers and admire the majesty of St. Louis Cathedral.
- See the city in all of her glory from the Mighty Mississippi by way of the Steamboat Natchez. While you’re aboard, enjoy some traditional New Orleans jazz.
- Take a trip to the historic National WWII Museum the whole museum is amazing, but we love the 4D movies the most.
- Make it a family affair and spend a day at the Audubon Zoo and world-class Aquarium of the Americas.
More New Orleans attractions.
Where to Stay
Choosing where to stay can be tricky. Here are a few helpful hints to picking the perfect location in the Big Easy:
- Stay in the French Quarter if you want to be in walking distance of the major attractions including the world famous Bourbon Street.
- If you’re looking to relax, Uptown is the place the place to be…except during Mardi Gras. The gorgeous oaks and antebellum homes will still be there but so will the crowds catching the parades.
- Located close to the Convention Center and just a short walk to the French Quarter, the Central Business District is the perfect place to stay for business or pleasure.
Restaurants and Night Life
You may be here for the parades, but you should leave yourself some time to taste the best cuisine in the country! Here are our favorite fine dining and more casual choices.
- · Arnaud's – Award-winning Creole cuisine set in French Quarter ambiance.
- Court Of Two Sisters – This legendary Jazz Brunch comes complete with picturesque courtyard.
- Tujague's - The second oldest restaurant in New Orleans offers some of the finest food and atmosphere around
Want more suggestions? Visit NewOrleansRestaurants.com guide by location to see our favorite places to eat around town!
When the sun goes down, the party cracks up! We have a love affair with live music, especially jazz. Be sure to take in the sights and sounds from around the city!
The Big Easy is the perfect place to bring your family. For a full list of kid-friendly favorites, check out NewOrleansKids.com for many kid friendly attractions and tours, as well as free activities.